I have a question for you-what do you do when you get TEMPTED to do something wrong? I know that I begin to REASON things out-you know, weigh how 'bad' it would be and reason out that its NOT THAT BAD if I just do it this ONCE....haha, nice try but that's WRONG. Why? With sin, we start REASONING OUT things til they make sense. Where , what we should do is what JESUS does when He gets tempted in the gospel-he RECITES the SCRIPTURE. But he doesn't just recite it, he LIVES it. See, here's something complicated, EMOTIONS and FEELINGS can really sway us to give in to TEMPTATION. I don't FEEL like doing the right thing. or I'm TIRED of acting righteously. Adam and Eve wanted to FEEL like GOD's-thats why they sinned! Instead of leaning on your EMOTIONS and FEELINGS, lean on the WORD OF GOD and JESUS' example. Follow his ways because it IS right, not because it FEELS right.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
TEMPTED at The Tree of Good and Evil
I have a question for you-what do you do when you get TEMPTED to do something wrong? I know that I begin to REASON things out-you know, weigh how 'bad' it would be and reason out that its NOT THAT BAD if I just do it this ONCE....haha, nice try but that's WRONG. Why? With sin, we start REASONING OUT things til they make sense. Where , what we should do is what JESUS does when He gets tempted in the gospel-he RECITES the SCRIPTURE. But he doesn't just recite it, he LIVES it. See, here's something complicated, EMOTIONS and FEELINGS can really sway us to give in to TEMPTATION. I don't FEEL like doing the right thing. or I'm TIRED of acting righteously. Adam and Eve wanted to FEEL like GOD's-thats why they sinned! Instead of leaning on your EMOTIONS and FEELINGS, lean on the WORD OF GOD and JESUS' example. Follow his ways because it IS right, not because it FEELS right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment